Back in the day, poker was limited to those fancy casinos and smokey bars where multiple players gathered around a table to play the game. However, the scenario has changed today. While you can still play poker at fancy casinos and bars, the game has become more accessible, thanks to everyone’s favorite – the internet!
With the internet reaching almost every part of the world, most things have gone online. And poker is no different. Today, several trusted websites allow you to play online Poker at online casinos and win some good money.
If you are new to online poker and want to learn more about it, we have you covered. This blog post will walk you through the common rules so that you can kickstart your journey and play poker online like a pro! Read on!
Playing Poker Online: How to Get Started
To get started with online poker, the first thing you’ll have to do is download the poker game or software. If you do not want to download any poker software on your device, there are several no-download poker games that you can play as well.
Remember you need to be of at least 18 years old or whatever the minimum legal age is in your country and jurisdiction to play poker online.
Once you have downloaded the game or decided on the site where you want to play it online, you will have to deposit money on the site to place your bets. You can do this through credit cards or e-wallets like Skrill, PayPal, or Neteller.
Online Poker Rules that You Must Remember
There are a large variety of poker games that you can play online. Some of the most globally popular online poker games include Pot-Limit Omaha, Texas Hold’em, 7 Card Draw, and more. Each poker game has its own set of rules, but some rules are common in almost every poker game.
Depending on the game, two to fourteen players can play poker at once. Here are some common actions that a player can take after the cards are dealt:
- Blind: These are the mandatory bets that are made before any cards are dealt.
- Check: It is the action where the players decline the opportunity to open the betting. You can only check when no one of the players has made a bet in the current round. Once a player checks, the action passes to the other player in the clockwise direction.
- Bet: As the name suggests, bet is the act of wagering your chips by placing them in the center of the table. Once a bet has been made, other players have the choice to “call” and match the highest bet or “fold” and forfeit their cards.
- Call: Calling is the action of matching the highest bet made in the current round. A player must call the highest bet to stay in the hand.
- Fold: If a player doesn’t want to play further in the current round, they can forfeit their cards by folding.
- Raise: As the name suggests, it is the act of matching the highest bet and then increasing it in the same betting round.
The most popular and simple online poker game
Here’s how it all plays out in Texas Hold’em, the most popular and simple online poker game:
- All the players are dealt their cards, and you will have to make the mandatory blind bet.
- After that, community cards are dealt with, and the online betting round begins.
- During the betting round, you have the choice of taking any of the above-mentioned actions.
- After that, the fourth card is dealt, followed by another betting round
- Finally, the final card is dealt, and another betting round takes place.
- By this point, most of the players would have folded their hands. The remaining players will have to reveal their hands during the showdown.
- The player with the highest ranked hand wins the round.
So there you have it – the basic online poker rules and steps to play poker online. Remember, these are only the basic rules, and there are several other strategies and tactics that you can learn and try to improve your game. Once you get the hang of the game, make sure to do further research to take your poker skills several notches higher.
Deposit and play poker at a reviewed and verified online casino
Enjoy weekly promotions and extra bonuses for regular players. Join Casino Kakadu today and claim your €/$500 + 150 free spins welcome offer today!
[…] Online Poker […]
[…] Online Poker […]
[…] Poker […]