Baccarat is one of the oldest card games. It is also one of the simplest. Baccarat was invented back in the 1400s in Italy. And the game has not lost its charm even after so many years. If anything, it remained one of the most preferred choices for casino game lovers.
If you are looking for an online casino game that is fast-paced, simple to understand, and offers James Bond vibes, baccarat should be your obvious choice.
Today, we will tell you about the basic online baccarat rules so that you can confidently get started with the game. Read on!
Today, many people are playing baccarat online with friends and winning good money. If you want to be one of them, the first thing you should be aware of is online baccarat rules.
The game is played with six or eight decks of traditional playing cards. The name of the game came from the Italian word ‘baccara’, which means ‘zero.’ This refers to the fact that in the game, Kings, Queens, Jacks, and tens all have a value of zero.
On the other hand, cards between 2 – 9 have a worth equal to their face value. It means that a 4 of hearts is worth 4 points. Aces will give you 1 point.
Here are some online baccarat rules that will help you understand the game in a better way:
- There are three types of single bets that you can place in baccarat. They include a Banker bet, a Player bet, or a Tie.
- The object of playing baccarat online is to bet on a hand equal to nine or as close as possible. Hand values are determined based on the last digit of the total of all card values. For example, if a player has a 4 and an 8, they will add up to 12. So, the value of the hand will be 2.
- The dealer will shuffle the cards that will deal two cards to both the Banker and the Player, face down.
- The player turns over the cards, and if they don’t have a natural hand or an automatic win, they can proceed to take an action depending on their total hand value.
- When a player’s first two cards result in a value of 8 or 9, it is called a natural hand or an automatic win.
- In rare cases, when both the Player and Banker have the same hand value, it results in a Tie.
Playing Live Dealer Baccarat Online – How to Get Started
Now that we have discussed the basic baccarat rules, let’s see how the game takes place online. Online baccarat is quite similar to the baccarat played in casinos. The only difference is that the players will be betting virtually through their devices, and the dealer’s duties will be performed by the software.
With this said, here is how you can get started with the game:
- You will be presented with three sections to bet on, the Player, the Banker, or Tie. You have to place your bet before the cards are dealt.
- Once the dealer deals two cards each to the Player and Banker, they have two options for proceeding. They can either draw or stand.
- When a participant draws, the dealer deals an additional card to them, and the total hand size goes up to three cards.
- If the Player has a total value between 0 to 5, they draw a third card. On the other hand, if the total value of their initial two cards is 6 or 7, they have to stand.
- In baccarat, the Player always takes the first action, and the Banker’s choices will depend on what the Player does.
- Usually, the Banker has more chances of winning, so it’s preferred to bet on the Banker.
- Make sure not to bet on a Tie unless you are feeling extremely lucky.
So that was all about how to play baccarat online and online baccarat rules. There are several sites that will let you play baccarat online for free and for real money. If you are just starting, it’s smart to try out a few free games, get the hang of it, and then bet real money. Good luck!
Play real money baccarat online!
Enjoy weekly promotions and extra bonuses for regular players. Join Casino Kakadu today and claim your €/$500 + 150 free spins welcome offer today!